Topics: To members
Mar 7, 2016 at 12:16 PM
I am glad as well.Thankyou
Mar 7, 2016 at 3:17 PM
Hi,

I would like to replace the current IE web browser control to the new chromium web browser control.
I haven't assigned any people for this; but, would you like to do it ?

Thanks
Mar 7, 2016 at 4:03 PM
Yes I would like to.
But for that I would have to understand the code first . How should I approach .

Thanks
Mar 7, 2016 at 4:35 PM
It's simply, the software has a data model which has his location in Library project.

You start to download a nuGet package of chromium. Try several chromium project installer or direct DLL and test them yourself onto your computer.
Choice the better solution for us (easy integration, as an ActiveX control, with click html event integration javascript to C#, with all the document accessor html element by ID from C#, with no fees nor shareware nor a private instance). No need a load the page from a string, just a file name is fine.

When it's downloaded you have to reference this new project (choice installed nuGet Package from the dialog box of Add References...)

And then, add the chromium control : maybe, it's automatically work.

The main window and all child windows are located in the unique executable project.

In each child window, there is a web browser control : you just need to change the type of this control. To do that, you only need to change the type directly in the VS designer automatically generated XXX.designer.cs

Or, to be pure, you can, also, remove the web browser control with the suppress key (or right-click and delete). But, keep all callback functions and their code.

You add then the chromium control : make sure it's located in your toolbox; if not, right-click and click on the menu "Add new controls/customize controls".
Test it...

After, it's important to allows users to switch between these two controls (IE or chromium). Then, a mix is to do with the two controls and only just one activated.
Mar 7, 2016 at 4:56 PM
I face difficulty understanding this .Nevertheless I will try to understand the code base .
Meanwhile Do you think it is possible for you to simplify it for me even more.

Thanks
Mar 7, 2016 at 11:46 PM
Edited Mar 7, 2016 at 11:51 PM
Hello,

What am I doing to discover a code base ?
  1. I take a paper
  2. I write with a pen, each name of each class
  3. For each class, I write all methods names, and only the name (not private and no private fields), public first and after private when I start to understand it.
  4. For each method, I write each type names parameters and what they mean, and why they have to be there. If I don't know now, I leave the meaning empty.
  5. I can take a time to write a little line of text of what the method does
Try this out; you will go through the code base better after you wrote some of classes.

If you prefer, you can use a computer and a spreadsheet...but it's better to write on a paper because names will come better in your memory.

You have time, don't be stressed and start to browse code base first ... for a long time, and when you are ready...start to know better

Don't start classes by alphabetic order....if you would like, I can tell you to start with Library/Project.cs : this is the top-most-level of the data model.
Mar 8, 2016 at 5:06 AM
Thank you.

But Please keep in touch .
Mar 8, 2016 at 6:10 PM
Hello,

I already have done and it works very well.
Try it, it works.